Just a Short Post Today

Hello everyone! I am just doing a short post this week because we have family visiting for my daughter's birthday. Plus the weather has been really nice so we've been spending a lot of time playing outside (which means a bit less tangle time for me)!

I did take time for Joey's Challenge this week. She started us out with a tangle called Coil. I used a variation with a pole in the center instead of orbs. I was thinking of spring while I did this challenge so I used lots of flowery and plant-like tangles, including Elojoe from last week. I also used Cathy Cusson's new tangle called Two Wise, because it reminded me of a ribbon of tulip silhouettes, perfect for spring!

Tangles: Coil, Nymph, Lazy Eights, Pokeleaf, Elojoe, and Two Wise


Also, since this is the first day of spring I thought I would share a picture of the Spring Sun I am working on. It is half sun and half moon, for the equinox. I haven't decided how to shade or color it yet.

Spring Sun, no shading yet

 I hope you all had a great first day of spring! Thanks for stopping by to look at my tangles 😊


Comments

  1. A new season has started, new idea's are coming and new tiles will appear! Anyway, your start looks great!
    The Spring Sun work is absolutely beautiful, I have made the pic bigger and see so many gorgeous drawn tangles. It is a wonderful work.
    Your Joey tile has a very nice composition, lovely chosen tangles, it looks cheerful and shows nice depth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind compliment Ria! I am very eager for warm weather and gardening and all kinds of outdoor fun! I guess it is showing in my tangling!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Bine! I'm glad you like my tiles!

      Delete
  3. Oh! that spring sun piece! wow! But I also think that Joey tile is wonderful. Coil with the rod through the middle, and all the leafy, plant tangles...it reminds me of a garden gate. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, HeidiSue! So glad you like my tiles. :-)

      Delete
  4. Your spring tiles are wonderful, friendly and full of lovely feeling. I can't say, what my favorite would be. Your Joey tile is more clearly, your spring sun is very romantic with its flowery patterns. Both are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margarete for your compliment! I'm glad you enjoy my tiles this week :-)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous work Lisa! I love that Joey piece so much! The shading and the bold line work is remarkable;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele!! I really enjoyed working on the Joey piece this week, I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  6. Great tiles, but oh, I love what you did for Joey! Perfect tile with absolutely perfect details and wonderful tangle combo, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning tile - the composition, colour, everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan! I'm glad you like it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts