Trying Some New Tangles


This week my husband had a three day weekend and my daughter slept much better than usually so I had a little extra time for tangling! Over the weekend I did a tile just for fun. I have seen Scena used in a couple tiles lately and really wanted to try it. I also tried Springkle, Zinger, and A-dalfa for the first time. I am trying to learn several new tangles each week, since I don't know very many yet. Here is what I came up with.

Tangles: Ansu, Bunzo, A-dalfa, Scena, Springkle, Zinger, and Fescue


For Joey's challenge this week we had to incorporate Knightsbridge into String 091. Browsing through the Tangle Patterns website I found the tangle Lee-Bee, and I thought it would work beautifully with this challenge. I also added a little color with some colored pencils.

Tangles: Knightsbridge, Lee-Bee, Flux, Dooleedo, Irradial, and Fescue


I made this little Valentine tangle to include with a package that I'm sending to my Grandma. On the left side I used Heartthrob by Melinda Barlow, with some embellishments. The rest I just kind of made up, because I was in a hurry to get it ready before the mail went by! I think it turned out nice.

Tangles: Heartthrob, Fescue, Zinger, and Flux


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. Wonderful tiles, especially the one for Joey's challenge! Your Grandmother will be happy with your beautiful Valentines card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It took me a long time to decide what to do for Joey's challenge this week, but once I decided I had a lot of fun with it! I'm glad you like my tiles!

      Delete
  2. Wow! These are all so lovely;-) The detailing on that first tile is simply stunning and what a fun composition for the Joey piece. I love your Valentine for your grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a nice compliment Michele!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Gudrun! I'm glad you like my tiles :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow, from me too! All tiles gorgeous! I like your style of tangling, so beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bine for your kind compliment!! I'm very glad you like my style of tangling :-)

      Delete
  5. You created some wonderful tangle tiles, all three of them. You have a special gift not only in drawing, but choosing the right tangles to create your wonderful art. Well done, Lisa! (PS: my fav is Joey's, but only by a few pencil strokes.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susie! Thank you for such a nice compliment! You really brightened my day :-)

      Delete
  6. These are WOW tiles. Looking forward to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Susan, for your kind words! I'm so glad you like my work :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts