Some Tangle Challenges

Last week, we had family visiting. In the evenings after everyone went to bed and my daughter fell asleep I would tangle for a little while to unwind and relax. I mostly worked on the IAST challenge and finally finished it on Saturday evening. The suggested tangles were Hollibaugh, Fescu, Bales and Crescent Moon. I left out the Crescent Moon and added some Diva Dance. I made some holes in the the Diva Dance to give a Wholly Hollibaugh effect in a few spots.

Tangles: Hollibaugh, Fescu, Bales, and Diva Dance


This week for Joey's challenge she started us off with Diva Dance, so there is a lot of Diva Dance in my post this week! That is good though because I really enjoy drawing it. I like that it is mostly self correcting, and it is lots of fun to shade. I did a duo-tangle using only Diva Dance and Ruffel by Helen Williams.

Tangles: Diva Dance and Ruffel


I also quickly did the Diva Challenge on Tuesday. It was a monotangle so it did not take me very long. Paradox was the tangle we had to use. Although it was a fun tangle to shade, drawing it felt a little tedious after a while. Maybe I would like it more if I didn't have to fill a whole tile with it. I do like how the tile turned out though!




Thanks for stopping by to look at my tangles!
Your kind comments brighten my day!
😊



Comments

  1. Beautiful work all around, but I especially love your paradox tile. It’s so lovely and elegant, and the colors are perfect. It must have taken quite a bit of planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I wanted to make something more organic since paradox is such a geometric tangle. Thanks for you kind comment :)

      Delete
  2. I also like tangling at the end of a day to wind down. OTOH, I also enjoy tangling at other times, especially while "watching" (listening to) cable news. It helps keep me calm. I really like what you did with your Paradox monotangle. Did you start out with a flower string or did the flower just appear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne! I planned it out by arranging my string in a way so that the fan shapes created by the Paradox would be like petals. I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. Most of the time, I start tangling at about nine in the evening. It always makes me feel good and sleep well. I love that Paradox of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love tangling in the evenings. It is very relaxing! I'm so glad you like my Paradox tile. Thanks for your kind comment :-)

      Delete
  4. My favorite is the IAST tile but the others are very beautiful too. We had the same idea to use Paradox as leafes and blossoms or flowers, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike, Margarete! Using Paradox to create leaves and blossoms softens it a little bit. I'm glad you like my tiles this week! :-)

      Delete
  5. Three beautiful pieces! I can’t really choose my favorite, I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three wonderful tiles, completely different but all tree unique and beautiful drawn.
    I'm fond of your gorgeous Paradox tile with different kinds of drawing and gorgeous coloring. I've never thought that it would be possible to become a lovely flower with this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ria, for your kind compliment! I wanted to do something to soften the geometric look of Paradox. The flower in my tile reminds me of the columbine flowers in my garden. I'm glad you like my tiles :-)

      Delete
  7. Wow! These are all beauties! I love your style of contrast and the way you shade. Lovely;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I'm glad you like my tiles this week :-)

      Delete
  8. I love all your tiles! The combination of tangles and shading is fabulous. Spring definitely needs your Paradox flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deanne! I'm glad you like my tiles :-)

      Delete
  9. The untidy Diva Dance in comb with Ruffel is my fav by only a very small margin. I doubt you can ever draw a tile I do not like. Your details are to die for and your design cleverness to be jealous of. Great stuff, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts