This Week's Tangles


Last week I did a tile for the It's A String Thing Challenge, but I finished late during the weekend and forgot to submit it! Oops! It was another heart themed challenge, with Funsin and Skelter. I was a little tired of hearts so I added Wist to give it a floral touch instead. I gave it some light color as well. 

Tangles: Funsin, Skelter, Knightsbridge, and Wist


For Joey's challenge she provided a colorful tile with Hilbred and some ribbons to get us started. We could finish the tile anyway we wished. Her tile made me think of a stormy ocean, so I decided to pick tangles that reminded me of water to finish my tile. 

I was excited to add some color to this tile. I just bought myself a set of Prisma colored pencils and this is the first thing that I've used them on. Previously, I've been using some old RoseArt pencils that I had bought about 10 years ago. 

Tangles: Hilbred, Joki, Flux, Scena, Diva Dance Waltz, Frunky, Rayz, and Tipple


I have also been working on a few other projects. This next tile is a little simpler but I think it's pretty. I did it as a practice for a larger piece that I'm working on. Sometimes I like to test how the tangles will look next to each other before I draw them onto the final piece.

Tangles: Cat-kin and Pozer

Here is the larger piece that it will go onto. I am working on a Spring sun using tangles that have a plant-like or organic look for the sun rays.  Here is what I have so far, but it still has a ways to go. 




Thanks for stopping by! Your kind comments brighten my day! 😊




Comments

  1. Beautiful tiles, Lisa! My favorite is the tile for Joey. The combination of wonderful colouring and the water reminding patterns is great! Your organic looking tiles are very elegant in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margarete! I had a lot of fun with the tile for Joey. I'm glad you like my tiles :-)

      Delete
  2. In Belgium, it is very difficult to buy Prismacolours ( I work with Faber Castell) but I think Prisma are the best , anyway you did a great job with them on Joey's tile, it looks beautiful and so look all your tiles. My favorite is the uncomplicated but absolutely beautiful compostion of Cat-kin and Pozer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ria! Yes I really like the new pencils, they are very nice to work with. I'm so glad you like the Cat-kin and Pozer tile! Sometimes it is refreshing to draw something uncomplicated!

      Delete
  3. Lovely tiles Lisa, I was so excited when I got my Prisma pencils too! I really like using the gel pens I bought at Costco too and Susie got me into using nail polish remover to blend, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trudi!! I love the Prisma pencils! Gel pens sound like a lot of fun, I'd like to get some black and gray tiles , too. I will have to try out the nail polish remover for blending!

      Delete
  4. Oh Lisa! What can I say other than absolutely fantastic tiles, even the unfinished parts of something. I love the colors on your Joey tile and the way you chose and applied tangles. From hibred clouds over Joki waves to a complete underwater scenery including manta rays. Now don't you laugh, but it reminds me so of my days as a scuba diving instructor in the Maldives all those yeeeeeeeaaaaars ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susie! I'm so glad you like my tiles! I had lots of fun with the Joey tile. I'm glad you could see the hilbred clouds and joki waves. That's exactly what I was going for :-) I'm pretty flattered that my tile reminds you of scuba diving!

      Delete
  5. I agree that tile does remind me of scuba diving. The tiles are very relaxing to look at...simple beauty and your mind can wander...a great way to unwind my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like looking at the tiles. They are relaxing to draw too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts