My first tangles

I've recently discovered Zentangle, and I really love it! Joey Van Oort has a weekly tangle challenge that I have started to participate in. I've enjoyed drawing and doodling for many years, but sometimes I'm lacking for inspiration on what to draw. That's why the challenges are so great! The challenges provide some general parameters, which is just enough to spark an idea for me. Plus, the challenges give me incentive to do some drawing each week, otherwise I commonly go several months without drawing anything.

Up till now, I've posted my challenge pieces on Instagram and Pinterest, but from looking at other people's submissions, it seems to me that it is much easier to comment back and forth with the blog format. That is essentially why I decided to create this blog :) I'll probably post other stuff here too eventually. I do lots of crafty projects and things like that, and it might be kind of fun to record them here. We'll see what happens!


So far I've participated in 3 challenges. Here they are!




Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge #198

Tangles: Ta-Da, Nymph, Crease, and Fescue

For this challenge we had to use the tangle Ta-Da and String 206. This was my first tangle piece! I had just discovered Zentangling and didn't have any tiles or nice pens yet. So I cut a notecard into a square and drew on the back with the nicest ball point pen I could find in the house! I also used a green pen I had and a light blue Crayola marker. I like to use Melinda Barlow's tangle tutorials on Youtube to learn how to do the tangles. 



Here is the second one!
Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge #199

Tangles: Didada, Flux, and Pais

This challenge also used a string and we had to incorporate the tangle Didada. I acquired some tiles from Amazon, some Sakura Pigma Micron pens, and some shading stumps which made everything much easier for this challenge! I also used some colored pencils and blended them with some odorless paint thinner.



And the third challenge.
Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge #200

Tangles: Exeter, Diva Dance Rock N' Roll, Ansu


 Tangles: Exeter, Nymph, Ansu, Shard, Bunzo, Footlites

 For this challenge I initially did the top piece. I liked it, but I wasn't that excited about it. Then my husband suggested that I should try to do an all black and white tile. So then I made the second tile, and I really love it!



Comments

  1. Cool! I am looking forward to checking out this more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking a look at my tangles! Hopefully, there will be much more to come :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts