This week's doodles

The nice weather over the weekend really motivated me to be productive! We did lots of yard work and cleaning, and I managed to get in some tangle time as well!  I also started this blog to record my tangles, but its still quite bare since it's brand new! I worked on a piece for the title of this blog over the weekend, and on Monday I did Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge.


Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge 201

Tangle: N'Zeppel, Drogon, Narwal, Phil Agrees, Barb U

For this challenged we used the tangle Drogon and String 157. I had a little trouble with Drogon the first couple times I practiced it, but I think it turned out nice on this tile. 



I also worked on a piece for the title of my new blog. I named the blog Me and the Elm Tree for my daughter, whose name means elm tree. I used Didada for the tree, which I learned for one of Joey's challenges a couple weeks ago! The rest is freehand.




And just for fun here's a picture of my husband and daughter playing outside, enjoying the nice weather. The moon was up and our daughter was mesmerized by it! That's what they're pointing to :)



Thanks for stopping by!





Comments

  1. Lovely depth with your shading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very beautiful tiles! My favorite is the black and white for Joey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margarete! I glad you like my tiles!

      Delete
  3. Lovely name for a website and I like the drawing you have made, it is really original and cute.
    Your Joey's tile is also wonderful with very nice contrasts and I like Narwal turning around Drogon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nice compliments, Ria! I've been having fun creating the blog. I've never had one before, so there is quite a bit to figure out! I'm so glad you like my drawing and my tile. Narwal turning around Drogon is my favorite part of the tile, it was fun to draw!

      Delete
  4. Your tile and you blog title artwork is so lovely! I love that wrapping business around the Drogon bit. Very original;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful banner art for your blog! Didada is a favorite of mine, and it REALLY looks elm-ey. And the tile is just delightful. I'm drawn to the splotchy looking black squiggle/splats. What pattern is that? Is that Barb U? wow! what fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HeidiSue! I'm so glad you like my tile and blog artwork! Yes, the squiggle/splats are Barb U. I used this video from Melinda Barlow for instructions http://www.inkidoodles.com/2017/07/barb-u-tangle-pattern-lesson-197.html

      Delete
  6. I like your tiles! And the titel and the banner for your blog are gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm very glad you like my tiles and the title and banner!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts